Cannabis has several compounds. Among the ones that are commonly evaluated includes THC and CBD. THC is responsible for making one to feel high while CBD has qualities that relieves pain and does not make one feel high. CBD oil is extracted from cannabis and diluted with some carrier oil which can be from various sources such as coconut. CBD oil has various therapeutic effects as highlighted and explained below:
- CBD and cancer-Research has shown that taking CBD oil may prevent fast spreading of cancer cells in women suffering from breast cancer. The oil is also important in relieving symptoms associated with treatment of cancer. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting and pain.
- Relief of arthritic pain– Taking CBD oil may help alleviate the pain and symptoms associated with arthritis and multiple sclerosis. This is important because many people suffer from these conditions globally. The prescriptions offered by doctors to manage these conditions have serious side effects and may not be relied on over long periods of time as they may lead to other undesirable conditions like ulcers.
- CBD oil and anxiety and depression treatment– CBD oil is helpful in relieving symptoms associated with anxiety and depression. Most of the time, sufferers of these conditions are prescribed drugs that they buy from pharmacies. Most of the drugs have serious side effects. To avoid these negative effects of conventional medicine, it is advisable to use CBD oil in case you’re suffering from these conditions. In addition to relieving symptoms associated with depression, CBD oil is also used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder in children (PTSD).
- Treatment of epilepsy-CBD is effective in the treatment of various epileptic conditions. You can use it in the treatment of these conditions to avoid the side effects caused when using conventional drugs.
- Treatment of acne-acne is an inflammatory skin condition. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat the condition.
- Heart diseases- Medical marijuana is effective in relief of heart conditions including high blood pressure and cardiovascular effects. As CBD oil is used to treat conditions such as depression and anxiety, they also reduce occurrence of high blood pressure conditions.
- Treatment of degenerative disorders- CBD may offer relief and treatment to degenerative disorders including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson, multiple sclerosis and many more.
- Crohn’s disease-Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD may be used to treat conditions such as Crown’s disease.
- Treatment of chronic pain-CBD is effective in pain relief and has no side effects compared with opiods. Treatment of chronic pain using opiods may cause some other undesirable conditions. To ensure that these conditions do not occur, use CBD oil when treating chronic pain.